Barry's Emacs is a version of Emacs that is not a fork of GNU Emacs.
Author: Barry A. Scott
Home Page: http://www.barrys-emacs.org
Discussion group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/barrysemacs
- full HTML documentation
- windows style user interface
- edit multiple files
- multiple buffers
- syntax colouring
- regular expression searching
- colour or black and white printing
- fully programmable
- integrated command shell in a buffer (Not on Windows/9X)
- integrated Python extension language (Windows only)
The author claims he has been developing it since 1980, so it doesn't offer many of the same commands as GNU Emacs. (As a long-time GNU Emacs user in Windows, I'm not so impressed with it.) Barry's Emacs is issued as freeware, but user does not
get the source code.
Mainly for people who grew up on Windows CUA key commands where Ctrl-S = "save", Ctrl-X = "cut", Ctrl-V = "paste" and so forth.