Author: Northgate Information Systems
License: Freeware for the stand-alone Coda editor.
Commercial for the Concerto Web Development environment it is included in.
Coda is available at no charge as a standalone tool, but is intended to integrate into Concerto, by Xoology. From the web site:
- Whilst other editors only feature keyword highlighting during coding (highlighting a keyword rather than telling you if it is correctly used in context), Coda uses colour alerts to highlight incomplete/invalid code as you type.
- Coda will highlight mistakes as small but vitally important as a missing bracket within a long and deeply nested series of 'if' statements.
- Coda's colour coding recognises the difference between incomplete and invalid code allowing you to easily differentiate between genuine errors and work in progress.
- Coda as a debugger
- When examining Concerto pages with Coda, you can switch straight into debugging mode. As a debugger Coda is the premier tool for diagnosing and resolving application coding problems in the most efficient manner possible.
- The debugger provides you with a graphical view of the internals of the application under development allowing you to play, pause and step through your application whilst examining the state of variables and systems resources.