Amiga text editor included with the Dice 68000 C compiler
Author: Matthew Dillon
License: Open Source
DME is an editor designed mainly for programmers. Although it is not a word processor, it does include many word processing features such as Word-Wrap and automatic paragraph formatting.
Here is a quick 'features' list:
- control language based on a rich command set accessed manually or via arbitrary mapping of keys. (Every key may be mapped to 128 different things via qualifier and mouse keys)
- General variables, reference macros as variables, ENV: enviroment variables (1.30C and beyond).
- fast visual response (it scrolls quickly)... even faster when BlitzFonts? or similar text speedup utilities are installed.
- title-line statistics showing your current position in the file,file name, whether the file has been modified or not, etc...
- Multiple Windows, ability to iconify windows
- Word Wrap and automatic paragraph formatting.
- ability to map any KEY or MOUSE BUTTON combination.