EASYEDIT II - Shareware text editor for MS-DOS
Author: Alan Sharkey
- Editing: - Full customisable mouse support (Microsoft mouse compatible); - Read in Read-only files.; - Works on most networks - tested in Digital Equipment's PCSA; - environment and Novell Netware.; - Will lock files in a network or multi-tasking environment.; - Pulldown, popup user replaceable menu system.; - Built in spell checker with over 80,000 words.;
- Windows: - Can edit up to 6 files at once or the same file 6 times.; - Specify wild cards as a filename and search for the correct file.; - Cut and paste between windows or within windows.; - Zoom or shrink windows.
- Printing: - Print files from within EasyEdit? and continue editing (background printing).; - Use print enhancements such as bold, superscript etc; - Customisable printer definition tables, character translation tables and font file tables.; - Print to a file or any DOS device (LPT1-3, COM1-2).; - Print to a network printer.; - Automatic or manual pagination commands; - Headers and footers with page numbering and date/time stamping.; - Window display of print status on demand.; - Print Table of Contents with many formatting options.
- On-screen formatting: - Centreing; - Paragraph or block formatting; - Temporary margins; - Right Justification; - Case changes.
- Search: - Find text (case sensitive or not); - Find next; - Find and replace; - Find text and then execute a macro. - Search for text before/after/between or at columns
- Block: - Mark blocks; - Copy, move, delete blocks.; - Read or write blocks.; - Work in Line mode or Column mode.;
- Tabs: - Set tabs to any fixed size; - Set tabs anywhere; - Set 'smart tabs' to match the current line of text; - Turn tab display off; - Expand tabs to spaces on loading or saving; - Turn auto-indent on or off;
- Display: - Get 43 line display on EGA systems; - Get 50 line display on VGA systems; - Modify colours of all parts of the display. Save them to a colour-file for later use.; - Line or block cursor (useful for LCD displays).
- Margins: - Set left, right, top and bottom margins; - Set page length.; - Data saved with each file (but not IN the file).
- Macros: - Load, save or edit macros; - Enter macros as you are typing; - Include macro substitution.
- Context sensitive help: - Over 200 pages of help available at the press of a button
- Can be used as a TSR - either swapping for maximum free memory, or as resident program for speedy response (registered version only)
- Configuration file for editing defaults and mouse commands. Options can be made environment variables
- Abbreviations expansion from user configurable files.
- Perform DOS commands while still editing.
- Edit last file you were editing + go to last edited row and column
- Undelete lines or blocks of text
- Automatic backups while editing - user configurable
- Automatically load and run macros on entry if required.
- Uses overlays for maximum free memory
- Can import and export binary files for transport via a mail system.
- Can find matching 'begin/end' or other programming pairs.
- Can swap out to your favourite compiler and return displaying any error lines.
- Keyboard: - Has 'Wordstar' like commands built in as default.; - Has predefined usage of function keys.; - All function, control and Alt keys fully customisable using the keyboard installation program. Can utilise the extra features of an Enhanced keyboard.