Those who use EmacsFamily
editors often like to poke fun at themselves and their favorite TextEditor
. Emacs has a lot of idiosyncracies and these make for great fun.
- "Emacs is a great OS, but it lacks a decent text editor." - anon
- A recent variation is "Emacs is a nice operating system, but what it lacks to compete with Linux is a good text editor."
- Emacs is a nice operating system, but I prefer UNIX. - Tom Christiansen
- Emacs is an operating system that just happens to know how to edit files.
- Linux/Unix? is a popular boot-loader for the Emacs operating system. (etc.)
- Emacs Users - Cult of the Iron Pinky - anon
- Eighty Megabytes And Constantly Swapping
- The main high-level difference between Emacs and (say) UNIX, Windows, or BeOS... is that Emacs boots quicker. - PdS.