Programmer's IDE that can edit resources as well as code
The difference between Enigma and other IDEs is that you can also use Enigma to create and edit resources (dialogs, 'editors', menus, tool bars, status bars....) on the fly. These become Enigma add-ons with the result that you can create and release your own applications based on Enigma.
- Universal IDE that can be configured for almost any compiler.
- Syntax colouring for most programming languages.
- Powerful native code editor with outlining, macros, bookmarks,
- automatic bracket matching, vertical line guides, etc.
- Image editor for icons, cursors and bitmaps.
- WYSIWYG editor for HTML files.
- Resource editor for creating dialog boxes etc.
- Reads binary files.
- Small footprint.
- Multiple document interface.
- Splitter window provides for two views of text files.
- Integrated "Explorer" type files view.
- User maintainable clip library for common code fragments.
- Code editor handles very large files, limited only by available memory.
- Code and image editors have unlimited undo and redo facilities.
- Automatic project management (MAKE facility) with file dependency checking for C/C++ and Fortran.
- Can compare two code files for differences.
- Drag and drop from Explorer.
- Find and Replace text in files feature.
- Can register file types for opening files from Explorer.
- At startup Enigma automatically restores files that were open when the last session finished.