There are lots of tips and tricks that are general purpose and have applicability in more than one text editor.
- TextFlickering - this is great for editors with fast display rates and BufferRings
- ToDoMarking - this is a simple tip for finding the areas in a text that need work
- KeywordLookup - this is binding a program to perform a keyword lookup on the word under the cursor.
- RegexTrim? - use a regular expression to trim off data.
- ColumnEditScript? - use column editing to call scripts repeatedly on a set of data. (kinda like xargs)
- TemporaryReBinding? - bind a key to a set of keystrokes so you can repeat them easily.
- BuildScriptFromData? - use the text [MFA Degree] editor to augment a set of data with a script
- ExportEDITORAndVISUAL - on Unix, export EDITOR and VISUAL to be the editor YOU choose.
- Edit binary files using a hex dump export/import tool
Feel free to add your own favorites!
Program independent Autocomplete, Autoreplace, Scripting