ICHI - Editor designed for program code maintenance
Author: Fook H. Eng
Family: MsDosEditors WordStarFamily
License: Shareware, Open source
The ICHI editor supports text screen formats of any number of columns by any number of rows, and is designed for program code maintenance.
- WordStar type keyboard input and ^K-^Q-^O option commands.
- One additional split screen plus four phantom windows which may be linked. Intelligent processing of data amongst them when they are linked. Screen sizes are conveniently adjustable.
- Extended cursor movements and scrolling techniques. Half screen scrolling up or down and incorporation of placement of the cursor line at top, middle, and bottom. With Scroll Lock On, directional keys scroll window up/down as well as left/right.
- Text may be blocked and hidden. (SPF calls this text exclusion). Processing of hidden text such as deletion, movement, copying, and saving are conditionally permitted. Blocked text may be shifted with the left or right arrow keys.
- Running Dos 3.1 or higher, exit to Dos is permitted. You may exit to Dos to compile and test your program without abandoning your editor session. You reenter ICHI by typing 'exit', and you are returned to the editing session exactly as you left it.
- Four F-keys are used for switching between screen windows and phantom windows. Eight other F-keys are user definable macro keys. These macros can be predefined by the user in a file, ICHI.MAC, so that they are read in during program load.
- OnScreen? menus are always there, ala Lotus 1-2-3, to help you.