"Just an Editor" - Open source text editor in Java
Author: Rene Grothmann
Platform: Sun Java Virtual Machine
License: Open Source
This is a list of the things you expect from this editor.
- ASCII, line oriented editor.
- Multiple files.
- Recent file list, sort-able and clear-able, with remembered file position.
- GUI style keyboard and mouse handling as comfortable as possible.
- Icon bar.
- Block cut and paste with system clipboard.
- Block mark by right mouse click, mouse drag, including page scroll, or shift key.
- Mark lines and jump to the marks with a key stroke.
- Syntax highlighting for Java, C/C++, HTML/XML, Python and TeX.
- Configurable fonts (system and text) and colors.
- Intelligent tabulator compression and expansion.
- Indent, un-indent and auto-indent.
- Intelligent paragraph and block Reformat.
- Intelligent word wrap.
Here are some features you might not expect.
- Infinite Undo.
- Search and replace with regular expression or normal, case or no case. (also in all editor windows).
- File search in sub-directories by file pattern and quick open. (Case my be ignored).
- Search text in files, optionally in sub-directories, and jump to found positions easily.
- Files can be loaded and saved with FTP (with directory browsing).
- FTP settings are remembered and adjusted for easy publishing.
- Execute external commands and catch input or enable output.
- Multiple or single backups to file directory or specified directory (Also daily Backup).
- International GUI (currently in English and German).
- Menu and dialog fonts configurable.
- Hyper-linked on-line help, with national versions (currently in English and German).
- Keyboard Macros with cursor position.
- Check Files for correct brackets.
- Foreign language encodings and Unicode at read and write.
- Unix, DOS and Mac style line formatting at read and write.
- History for input fields surviving the editor exit.
- Spell Checker for English and German.
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts.
- C/Java? Beautifier.