Kod is a programmers' editor for OS X
Author: Rasmus Andersson
License: Open source
Goals and features
- Fully concurrent — loading files, syntax highlighting, etc is distributed across available CPU cores. Minimal waiting time.
- Integrated scripting environment based on Node.js.
- Written from scratch with modern OS X 10.6 APIs providing maximum OS integration while avoiding reinvention of the wheel.
- Sports a Chromium-like user interface where tabs can be torn off and moved between windows.
- Allows editing (although not saving, currently) remote files accessible over HTTP or HTTPS.
- Styling of the editor (not only the syntax highlighting) through regular CSS 3.
- Comes with support for over 65 different languages/syntaxes which can easily be edited or extended (Kod uses the same format as GNU Syntax Highlight).