Windows implementation of the Unix vi editor
Author: Mick Meaden
Homepage: http://www.softwareonline.org/lemmy45.html (Down since 2009 or earlier)
Download: http://www.download.com/3000-2352-10178802.html (Directs to Homepage for download)
- Split screen mode. Up to four splits are allowed.
- Undo/redo, copy/paste, and access to menu maps and abbreviations.
- Support for the Windows clipboard
- Most recently used files accessed from File menu.
- Use of mouse clicks to move the cursor, follow tags and selecting text.
- Dragging files onto the application.
- Use of Property Sheet to adjust Lemmy settings.
- A configurable tools menu.
- Status bar information.
- Configurable fonts and colour schemes. Lemmy also supports syntax highlighting for several file types. Additionally, a user can develop his own syntax highlighting.
- Extended printing capabilities including the ability to syntax highlight printed output, print with line numbers, print with headers and footers on the page, and to print in varying font types and sizes.
- Recovery of previous edit sessions after an unexpected interruption controlled from a dialogue.
- Recall of previous "ex" commands through a dialogue.
- Search and Replace via a dialogue includes recall of past operations.