The MlView? project is an ongoing effort to develop an xml editor for the GNOME environment.
Author: Dodji Seketeli
Platform: Linux with Gnome Desktop
License: Open Source
It is written in C/C++ and uses the gnome libraries (libxml2, gtkmm, libgnome*, etc).
- cut/copy/paste as child/paste as prev/paste as next/ of xml elements
- xml element/attributes search
- multi docs edition
- Several editing views can be opened on the same document
- drag and drop based copy/cut/past of xml elements
- addition of xml elements and attributes can be made directly on the tree
- namespace support
- on-demand validation
- graphical error reporting. Parse/validation time errors reported graphically. This feature is new so it may be buggy or not well polished ...
- when validation is switched on, MlView? proposes an elements/attributes completion feature. When an element is added to the tree, MlView? also adds the children elements required by the DTD for the document to be valid.
- Validation can be switched off. The xml document editon can then be done without any constraint.
- a clean code ;)