Open source editor written in Lazarus, a free Pascal compiler IDE.
Author: Tim Sinaeve
License: GPL v3
Notepas is a multi-platform text editor written in Lazarus and can be compiled for multiple platforms and widget sets using the advanced native Free Pascal Compiler. Aimed at developers it has some functions usually not found in other text editors and introduces some new exclusive features:
- Code filter: a tool to filter lines that match a given search string or regular expression.
- Code shaper: a set of tools to apply quick formatting.
- Smart select: make selections that depend on the active highlighter and context.
- Align lines: align multiple lines based on the current selection.
- Single executable, no external libraries required.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Code folding depending on syntax.
- Multi-line comment folding.
- Region folding.
- Synchronized edit.
- Line modification indicators.
- Line numbers display.
- Highlighting of words matching the selected word.
- Highlighting of matching bracket.
- Comment and uncomment (for both line and block comments) handling depending on active highlighter.
- Column selection mode.
- Supports user definable highlighters. Highlighter rules can be specified using XML.
- Docking support.
- Drag and drop support for files and code selections.
- Search & replace in multiple opened files with regular expression support.
- Support for multiple encoding schemes (Unicode and many others)
- Support for multiple line endings (Windows, Unix, Mac)
- Monitor external changes.
- Support for both internal and external code formatters