Author: Werner Rumpeltesz
Syntax highlighting is supported for the most common Web, script and programming languages. Many functions for text conversion, formatting, decoding and encoding are included.
The most important features are:
- Many text conversion function
- Simple switching between ANSI (Windows) or ASCII (DOS) editing mode
- Syntax highlighting for the most common Web, script and programming languages
- Automatically replace special characters to HTML encoding
- Incremental text search (forward and backward)
- User defined template for fast file creation and editing
- Page setup (margins, headers and footers) and a print preview
- Insert document and content templates
- PlainEdit can be extended with plug-ins
Notice: PlainEdit doesn't support Unicode characters nor Unicode files. To edit Unicode files you can use PlainEdit.NET? from the same author.