Pollo is an XML editor best suited to edit tree-like XML files
Family: XMLEditorFamily, JavaBasedEditors
Platform: Sun Java Virtual Machine
License: Open Source
- Java-based, and thus cross-platform. Pollo has been reported to work on Windows and Linux variants, HP/UX11 and OS X.
- Drag-and-drop of nodes in and between files.
- Unlimited undo.
- Multiple views on one file.
- Evaluation of XPath expressions. This is useful for searching nodes, but also as an XPath learning and experimenting tool.
- Customizability through plugins.
- Schema support, from DTD through XML Schema to Relax NG. Pollo also has its own simple schema language.
- Open source, MIT license, making it free for both personal and commercial use.