A WordProcessor for writers.
Author: ScriptPerfection? Enterprises, Inc.
PowerWriter is one of a class of programs that might be called IDEs for writers. They include actual text editing features to create and revise text, but also include other features designed to assist writers. Aside from a text editor, for example, PowerWriter includes
- Bookmarks and embedded "live" hyperlinks
- Outline View Use for document Navigation Use to reorder text
- Includes non-textual hierarchies such as Act and Chapter Data
- Fully Editable while still displaying document in WYSIWYG mode
- Outline items can be categorized by color and status
- Tree-Style view of hierarchy for ease of analysis
- One-Click adding of new elements within outline view
- Automatically synchronized with Act/Chapter? & Plot Point Story Development Data
- Plot Point (Story Beat) Categorization with Color Highlighting - allows you to visually identify the subplots or parts of your story so that you can better analyze its structure
- Plot Point (Story Beat) Status Icons - mark any moment as needing more work, being completed, or having any other status.
- Story/Theme?, Act, Chapter, Plot Point and Character Development
- Keep all research, notes and story development in the same file as the manuscript, instantly accessible but out of the way as you're writing.
- Display your story development information while the entire text of a chapter/sequence is still on-screen
- Theme, Act, Chapter and Character work areas to develop rich and dynamic stories
- Integrated Research storage"