Open source IDE based on Scintilla for C# development under .NET 2.0
Author: Steve Walker
Family: IDEFamily ScintillaEditorFamily FoldingEditors
Platform: Windows with .NET 2.0
License: Open Source
QuickSharp is a simplified C# development environment for Microsoft .NET 2.0. It is designed to allow the rapid creation, compilation and execution of C# programs without having to create project or solution files. QuickSharp is aimed at developers who want to write and test code quickly and simply and is ideal for writing 'quick and dirty' programs to perform ad-hoc tasks or to explore the features of the C# language and .NET Framework.
- Manage source code with syntax-highlighting, code-folding and Visual Studio-style docking windows.
- Get instant lookup of class and namespace members by pressing Ctrl+Space 'after the dot'.
- Compile code directly from within QuickSharp. Warnings and errors appear in the Output window; double click a message to locate the line in the editor.
- Compile EXE and DLL files automatically based-on source code; no need to configure the compiler target.
- Run the program from the editor and capture the output to the Output window or run in a separate window for user input.
- Run the .NET development web server from QuickSharp and host web pages directly from the Workspace.
- Send queries to SQL Server from within the QuickSharp editor.
- View query results in a data grid and export the data to text or XML.
- Get context-sensitive help from the SDK Help Viewer by pressing F1 in the editor.
- Use 'embedded' file options to control compile and runtime behaviour; no need to use additional configuration files or environment ings.
- Open, rename and delete files and folders from within the Workspace.
- Search files in the Workspace with 'Find in Files'; double-click the messages in the output window to locate search results.
- Use the 'Regular Expression Helper' to develop regular expressions.
- Inspect .NET assemblies in the disassembler directly from the Workspace.