Ropeide is a python refactoring IDE.
Author: Ali Gholami Rudi
Family: PythonEditorFamily IDEFamily
Platform: Linux, Windows, platform-independent
It uses the [rope] library to provide features like refactoring, code assist and auto-completion. It is written in PythonLanguage. The IDE uses Tkinter library.
You should install rope library before using this IDE.
- Supports refactorings that are supported by rope library
- Extract method/local variable
- Move class/function/module/package/method
- Inline method/local variable
- Change method signature
- Replace method with method object
- Other refactoring-related features
- Previewing refactorings
- Stopping refactorings
- Undo/redo refactorings
- Goto definition
- Quick outline
- Show PyDoc?
- Proposing templates in completions
- Find occurrences
- Organize imports (remove unused and duplicate imports and sort them)
- Generating python elements
- Sorting scopes
- Other IDE features
- Python and reST highlighting
- Multiple buffers
- Project file history
- An emacs like keybinding
- Configurable keybinding
- Basic UI plug-in support
- Spell-checking using Aspell/Ispell?
- Correcting indentation
- Project tree view
- Unit-test running view
- Basic codetags/errors/warnings listing
- Defining templates
- Memorizing strings/locations
IDEs and plugins that use rope to provide features like refactorings and code-assists: