Open source IDE for LaTeX development, formerly TeXMakerX
Author: Benito van der Zander
Family: IDEFamily TeXEditorFamily
Platform: Windows, Unix/Linux?, BSD, Mac OS/X
TeXStudio is a LaTeX IDE that gives you an environment where you can easily create and manage LaTeX documents.
It provides modern writing support, like interactive spell checking, code folding and syntax highlighting. Also it serves as a starting point from where you can easily run all necessary LaTeX tools.
- IWE - Integrated Writing Environment
- All LaTeX tools can be called from TeXstudio? with just one key press and you can add your own command line options (e.g. for forward/inverse search)
- LaTeX tags and 1102 mathematical symbols you can easily select and add to your text
- Wizards generating necessary code (e.g. documents, tabular/array-environments and BibTex?-types)
- LaTeX errors are displayed in a Log panel and highlight within the tex file
- BibTeX? will be automatically called if the bib files are modified
- LaTeX documentation where you can lookup the tags you don't know
- Customizable menus, toolbars and environments
- Scripting to control TeXstudio? with user-written scripts
- DDE-Support to interact with other programs on Windows
- And also customizable code snippets, tabbed MDI view, ...
- Powerful Text Editor based on QCodeEdit?
- Interactive spell checker which marks spelling mistakes while you type them
- Interactive reference checker which marks wrong reference/label combinations and wrong citations
- Interactive syntax checker which marks wrong spelled LaTeX commands
- Syntax highlighting drawing LaTex commands in different, customizable formats
- Code folding which allows you to hide certain blocks
- Auto completion completes tags you wrote and shows corresponding help entries, uses the taglists from kile
- Unicode support which can handle files in all encodings
- Incremental search and replace on a search panel at the bottom of the text panel
- Text Navigation jumps to bookmarks, certain lines, last changes and LaTeX errors/warnings
- Key Remapping of single keys for automatically text insertion (e.g of nice quotation marks)
- And also line numbers, repetition checker, dynamic word wrapping, parenthesis highlighting, parenthesis completion, unicode table, undo/redo, line change state, table editor...
- Structure View which shows the logical hierarchy of a file and is interactively updated
- PDF Preview which shows the compiled pdf file and supports synctex
- Math Preview which shows the latex output of a single expression within the text
- Find in files dialog let you search in currently opened files
- Thesaurus which shows possible synonyms for a certain word
- HTML Converter which creates a html out of your LaTeX-based PS-file
- Text analysis counting and showing often used words or phrases
- Random Text generator which automatically creates a text similar to the one you wrote
- SVN support to synchronize local changes with the repository