A single pane, cross-platform outline editor written in Tcl/Tk?
Author: Brian Theado
Family: TclTkEditorFamily OutlinerFamily
License: Open Source
- Cross-platform: runs anywhere Tcl/Tk? runs (I have used it on linux and Windows and it has been reported to work on Mac OS 9.2)
- Multiple outlines supported using a tabbed notebook interface
- Inter-outline hyperlinks using wiki syntax (see Wiki-like hyperlinked outlines) allowing for the creation of a web of outlines.
- Hyperlinking to parts of an outline
- External URL hyperlink support
- Support for bold, italics, underline, and strikethrough formatting
- Drag and Drop movement of nodes
- "Size" of each collapsed node is displayed
- Available as a single file "starpack" distribution (standalone executable), or two file "starkit" distribution. No installation needed.
- Relatively small--can fit on a single floppy disk.
- Export to ascii, html, xml, opml
- Import from indented text, opml
- Save subtree, load tree as subtree
- Key bindings are externally configurable
- Mode-less - i.e. there isn't a separate mode for editing vs. for navigating the outline headlines.
- User scriptable. See scripting tkoutline, outline widget and Magic button functionality.