Shareware "professional text engine" for Windows
Author: Vladimir Schneider
- Supports proportional fonts and lets you comfortably edit column aligned text without having to switch to a fixed pitch font. It even does a descent job of working with column selections while using a proportional font. The screen shots contains column formatted source displayed in a proportional font. Try that with your current editor.
- Syntax coloring now supports italic, bold, underline, strike through and several boxing options.
- No unnecessary screen updates, no flash, no snap, no crackle nor pop during display refresh. No paint artifacts left over during refresh or window resizing. This attention to detail reduces the distraction to your concentration and stress on your eyes.
- Undock files from the main view to the text view docking pane. Not limited to be within the main window's display area as is with MDI editors.
- Highlight the current cursor line in any color combination you want. Screenshots show a faint gray. Just enough to be noticeable when you need it but mostly out of the way when you don't. Of course you can configure it to "be in-your-face" canary yellow if you so desire.
- All display elements have a separate transparency setting for foreground and background colors to allow for translucent overlay effect.
- Matching bracket highlight has an optional fade out delay so that it fades out of the way