A free hex editor / disk editor for Linux, Windows and MacOSX?
Author: Vlad Adrian
Platform: Windows, Linux, OS X
- It uses 64 bit file descriptors
- It does NOT copy whole file to your RAM.
- You can work with delete/insert bytes to file, more than once, without creating temp file
- Could open your devices on Linux, Windows or MacOSX?
- Memory Usage : Currently ~25 MegaBytes? while opened multiple > ~8GB files
- Could operate with file thru XOR encryption
- Has multiple views to show multiple files in same time
- Has integrated disassembly (via udis86 library)
- Has colourfull tags to make reverse engineering easier and more fun
- Written with C++/wxWidgets GUI libs and can be used with other OSes such as Mac OS, Windows as native application
- You can copy/edit your Disks, HDD Sectors with it (Usefull for rescue files/partitions by hand)