An IDE for fiction writers
Author: Simon Haynes
- Organise your novel using a 'project'.
- Add files to the project, each containing a chapter.
- Add a summary to each file, showing the scenes in each chapter.
- Print out summary cards, showing the structure of your novel.
- Display the word count for every file in the project, along with a total.
- Saves a log file every day, showing words per file and the total. (Tracks your progress)
- Saves automatic backups at user-specified intervals.
- Allows multiple scenes within chapters
- Viewpoint character, goal, conflict and outcome fields for each scene.
- Storyboard view, a visual layout of your work.
- Re-order scenes within chapters.
- Move scenes from one chapter to another.
- Automatic chapter renumbering.
This is a kind of IDE for fiction writers. The link points to v2. V3 is in beta now.
Screenshot: (Main screen)