Difference (from prior major revision)
, author diff
) Changed: 59c59
PSPad is a freeware programmer's editor for Microsoft Windows.
Author: Jan Fiala
Family: MicrosoftWindowsEditors NotepadReplacement SynEditEditorFamily
PSPad is helpful if you need to:
- work with plain text -- it has a wealth of formatting functions, including a spell checker
- create web pages -- as web-authoring editor, PSPad contains many unique tools to save you time
- use a good IDE for your compiler -- PSPad will catch and parse compiler output, integrate external help files, compare versions, and much more ....
Partial list of special features of PSPad
- work with projects [screenshot]
- work on several documents at the same time (MDI)
- Save desktop session to later reopen all open files
- FTP client - you can edit files directly from the web
- macro recorder to record, save and load macros
- search and replace in files
- text difference with color-coded differences highlighted [screenshot]
- templates (HTML tags, scripts, code templates...)
- installation contains templates for HTML, PHP, Pascal, JScript, VBScript, MySQL?, MS-Dos, Perl,...
- syntax highlighting auto set by file type
- user-defined highlighters for exotic environments
- auto correction
- intelligent internal HTML preview using IE and Mozilla
- full HEX editor [screenshot]
- call external programs, different for each environment
- external compiler with catch command output, log window, log parser for each environment for "IDE" effect
- color syntax highlight printing and print preview
- integrated HTML-Tidy library for formatting and checking HTML code, conversion to CSS, XML, XHTML
- integrated free version of top CSS editor TopStyle Lite
- export with highlight to RTF, HTML, TeX format into file or clipboard
- column block select, bookmarks, line numbers, ...* reformat and compress HTML code, tags char case change
- line sorting with ability to sort on defined column, with option to drop duplicates
- ASCII chart with HTML entities [screenshot]
- Code explorer for Pascal, INI, HTML, XML, PHP, and more in future
- spell checker
- internal web browser with APACHE support
- matching bracket highlighting
- ... and did we say that it's free? That's right!
By the way, there are lots of very slick features in PSPad.
My current favorite is called AutoComplete and it is unlike any other one I've seen since
you don't have to teach it the autocompletions. It simply finds another word in your
document that matches the prefix you have so far. So, if you typed printf() once before,
you can type 'pr' followed by control-j (for autocomplete) and voila!
News - The latest stable version of PSPad has been downloaded over a million times! (see announcement on website.)
Note to cpc3-neww3-0-0-cust44.cdif.cable.ntl.com: this entry for PSPad already existed on TextEditors. Your entry now redirects to it.