A portable open source full screen text editor in TclTk
License: Open Source (GPL)
- e93 is portable to environments other than Unix/X Windows -- as long as those environments support virtual memory.
- e93 supports columnar selection. It achieves this by allowing multiple pieces of the text to be selected simultaneously (this is perhaps its most unique feature).
- e93 imposes no limits on the line length, file length, or number of simultaneous files which it can edit.
- e93 is able to handle all 8-bit binary codes without complaint, or confusion.
- e93 is highly configurable without recompiling because scripts which control the editor can be written in Tcl.
- e93 supports user-configurable syntax highlighting.
- e93 is open sourced under the well known GNU General Public License.