EGPad - A replacement for the standard Windows NotePad
Author: Eitan Gilboa
EGPad is a text editor, a replacement for the standard Windows NotePad. EGPad requires Windows 95 or later
to run. No additional DLLs or whatever are required.
- EGPad can open as many files at a time as you want. This is limited by total available memory.
- Several files can "selected" in the open dialog to be open simultaneously. Drag & Drop is fully supported.
- All open files can be optionally accessed through TABs
- A file can be edited with several VIEWS. You can split an edited file at any time to edit it in several windows.
- Help is available as pop-up hints as well as in the status bar. An independent HTML help file can also be opened when you click the
- Help menu. An ASCII help file can be generated from within EGPad.
- File size limit is 16 MB.
- Almost unlimited UNDO and REDO level. You can specify the amount of memory for the UNDO buffer.
- EGPad is extremely fast on large files in FIND and REPLACE operations.
- Number of files size is only limited by available RAM and hard disk space.
- Block functions: save parts of your text to disk and insert a file at the current cursor (caret) position.
- Set up to 10 BookMarks in each open file. Get instantly to a bookmark. Toggle BookMark? "visibility".
- Print the document, or only the marked block.
- EGPad will strip all HTML tags for you.
- ANSI (Windows) <= to and from => OEM (DOS) conversions
- Case changes: to-UPPER, to-LOWER, Invert case, and to-Proper
- Easy installation and uninstallation. EGPad does NOT use the Registry.
- It has 15 configurable options that are saved and automatically read from session to session.
- Easy insertion of accented characters
- Easy insertion of Time Date stamps in four formats.
- Self contained generation of the full user's manual