Free hex editor for Windows
Author: Geoffrey Prewett
- Hex, octal, and ASCII displays.
- Find strings in hex, octal, and ASCII.
- Command line usage (hexedit filename), for all you command line freaks like me, or a GUI Open.
- Edit in hex, octal, or ASCII. Up to 1024 characters can be inserted, and any amount can be cut or deleted. (Be careful when doing this to executable files, as they may not work if you do this [but I'm not stopping you if you want to try...]).
- Configurable font face and size. (Stored in HKCU\Software\HexEdit)
- All colors are configurable and are stored in HKCU\Software\HexEdit)
- Copy and paste. Hex strings (e.g. "01 ff 4d") can be pasted into the hex window when hex viewing is on and HexEdit will automatically convert the string. Similarly, cutting from the hex window cuts the hex output. When the hex window is in octal mode, everthing is in octal. The ascii window always cuts and pastes in ascii.