Hex editor for disk sectors, but can also be used to edit files, including disk images. Formerly released under the name rohPod.
Author: Thomas Tempelmann
Platform: Windows, Linux, OS X
- Can view disks in custom block sizes.
- Deals gracefully with read errors: You can copy a partially-damaged disk to an image file (bad blocks will become zero-filled in the copy) in order to use recovery tools on the error-free copy then.
- When modifying data, a "journal" file is written to your desktop that contains the previous data of the altered blocks, and it can be used to undo your changes.
- Can view partitions and other subranges as containers with their own start, length and block size.
- Can be re-launched with admin (root) rights to access non-removable disks (Mac OS X only).
- Detects connected iPods, showing their firmware partition contents.
- Can access disks remotely over a network connection.
- Can save a range of blocks to a file and write a file back to disk.
- Has a powerful template system to view and analyse disk structures.
- Can edit MBR and GPT partition tables.
- Can install a PC BIOS bootloader dealing with both MBR and GPT.