shed is an easy to use hex editor written for unix/linux using ncurses, with a friendly pico-style interface.
Author: Alex Sisson
Platform: Linux, (will build on Windows using pdcurses with some patching)
License: Open Source
- Displays each byte as ascii, hex, decimal, octal and binary.
- Allows changes to be input in all of the above (and now with bit toggling in the binary column)
- Simple Pico-style interface
- Dump to file
- Small memory requirments because file is not loaded into memory
- Can handle files up to 2Gb