Source Edit is shipped with a hex editor called HexSource.
Author: Joacim Andersson
This editor is based on frhed (the Free Hex Editor) originally created by Raihan Kibria.
Some of the features of HexSource
- Native 32 bit Windows application: long filenames supported, editable file size limited only by available system memory.
- Small program size, loads fast.
- Cut, copy & paste binary values.
- Syntax for describing byte, word, longword, float and double binary values in text form to use with find and paste functions.
- Directly enter hexadecimal values or text in main window (overwrite or insert).
- Compare files.
- Find/Replace? any combination of text and binary values.
- Bit manipulation.
- Export as hexdump to file or clipboard.
- Automatically adjust bytes displayed per hexdump line to window width, or set bytes per line manually.
- Choose font size, character set (ANSI or OEM), colors of text and background.
- Intel or Motorola binary format.
- Can be used as "Send to"-Target.
- Set bookmarks to easily access offsets in the file.
- Load files partially.
- Drag and Drop.
- Apply binary templates for structured information.
- Hard disk sector read access.
- Cryptography support.
- Launch the current opened file using its associated application.