Text and HTML editor for Windows
Author: Fookes Software
Available in three versions:
- Handle a heap of files with a simple tabbed interface
- Search files
- regexp option
- Search and Replace wildcards
- Some simple but handy file/selection manipulations:
- Strip HTML tags
- Add HTML tags (<P> tags etc)
- Split lines at a chosen width
- Join lines (without messing up paragraphs)
- Compress (strip away double newlines)
- Syntax highlighting and multi-level undo/redo is available in Pro version and works great.
- Excellent, highly useful Clipbook Library feature which is fully customizable and programmable.
Search and Replace wildcards feature: You write ^P to find newline (paragraph) characters. Regexps are also possible, but these wilcards are easier, and crucially, they work in the 'replace with' box too. The find box can be populated by pasting in, or just be selecting text and pressing ctrl+F. In both cases the 'wildcards' for special chars, are put in automatically (which helps you learn how to use them).