Author: Werner Rumpeltesz
(See also PlainEdit)
PlainEdit.NET is a text editor for ANSI, UTF-8 and Unicode files. Syntax highlighting is supported for the most common Web, script and programming languages. Many functions for text conversion, formatting, decoding and encoding are included.
The most important features are:
- PlanEdit?.NET can open multiple files at the same time (tabbed interface)
- Many text conversion function
- Syntax highlighting for the most common Web, script and programming languages
- Loading, editing and sving file in ANSI, UTF-8, Unicode and Unicode big-endian
- Files with Windows, MacIntosh? and Unix line breaks are supported
- Automatically replace special characters to HTML encoding
- User defined templates for fast file and text creation and editing
- Page setup (with header and footer) and print preview
- Snippets (templates, code snippets and other text) can be inserted via a sidebar
- Incremental text search (forward and backward)
- Search and replace text with regular expressions - in not opened files too
PlainEdit.NET runs in multi user environments as well on USB sticks.