IDE with additional features
Author: Benito van der Zander
Family: IDEFamily TeXEditorFamily
Platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS/X
Screenshot: (See feature list below screenshot)
(TexMakerX? is now TeXStudio)
TexMakerX? is a fork of the LaTeX IDE TexMaker? and gives you an environment where you can easily create and manage LaTeX documents.
It provides modern writing support, like interactive spell checking, code folding and syntax highlighting. Also it serves as a starting point from where you can easily run all necessary LaTeX tools. (you can see more features below)
You can run it on Windows, Unix/Linux?, BSD and MacOSX? systems and modify it if you want, since it is licensed under the GPL.
Althought TexMakerX? has a lot of additional features, it tries to be like an improved version of Texmaker, so it keeps it look&feel as well as its version number.
IWE - Integrated Writing Environment
- All LaTeX tools can be called from TexMakerX? with just one key press and you can add your own command line options (e.g. for forward/inverse search)
- LaTex tags and 370 mathematical symbols you can easily select and add to your text
- Wizards generating necessary code (e.g. documents, tabular/array-environments and BibTex?-types)
- LaTeX errors are displayed in a Log panel and highlight within the tex file
- Structure View which shows the logical hierarchy of a file
- HTML Converter which creates a html out of your LaTex-based PS-file
- Text analysis counting and showing often used words or phrases
- LaTeX documentation where you can lookup the tags you don't know
- Customizable menu shortcuts
- DDE-Support to interact with other programs on Windows
- And also customizable code snippets, tabbed MDI view, ...
Powerful Text Editor based on QCodeEdit?
- Interactive spell checker which marks errors while you type them
- Syntax highlighting drawing LaTex commands in different, customizable formats
- Code folding which allows you to hide certain blocks
- Auto completion completes tags you wrote and shows corresponding help entries
- Unicode support which can handle files in all encodings
- Incremental search like in FireFox? on a search panel at the text bottom (where you can also find a replace panel)
- Text Navigation jumps to bookmarks, certain lines, last changes and LaTex errors/warnings
- Key Remapping of single keys for automatically text insertion (e.g of nice quotation marks)
- And also line numbers, dynamic word wrapping, parenthesis highlighting, undo/redo, line change state ...
- Platform independence allows you to use it on Windows, Linux, BSD and Mac
- Automatical detection of MikTeX?, Ghostscript and Standardlatex
- USB-Mode stores its settings in a texmakerx.ini (only if you create one!), so you can use the same configuration on different computers
- Translated in English, German and French