A text editor written by and for assembly language programmers.
Author: Steve Hutchesson
License: Freeware, permitted to use in commercial and government projects
TopGun is a follow-on to the author's prior TheGun product, which weighs in at all of 6K. Hutch also has a more sophisticated editor called QuickEditor that takes a whopping 37K.
- Requires Windows 2000 or later
- Optimised for fast load and save.
- Very large file capacity, > 10 megabytes (tested on 50 megabyte files)
- Search and replace functions.
- Fully drag and drop enabled.
- Goto line number support.
- File information dialog.
- Time and Date insertion.
- Advanced features on the "Selection" menu:
- Upper and lower case block conversion and text reverse.
- Advanced reformatting wordwrap text from external sources.
- Ascending and descending sorting of lines
- Block align left to "start again" on badly formatted text.
- Strip HTML tags from text.
"TopGun is a freestanding portable executable application written in Microsoft Assembler (MASM). It is a tool designed to be fast and is targetted at "savvy" users who need a fast text editor. It uses a "registry safe" design that neither reads or writes to the registry, it does not use any "side by side" DLLs and it needs no additional files to run by itself." (copied from home page)
Very small, around 17k (that's right, kilobytes!)